Don’t risk leaving your varicose veins
Varicose veins are more than just a cosmetic concern. Associated health risks if left untreated include;
- Fatigue and swelling in your legs
- Higher risk of blood clots and deep vein thrombosis (DVT) on long haul flights
- In some instances a higher chance of developing leg ulcers
The good news is that modern varicose veins treatments in Brisbane are safe, quick, comfortable and highly effective for our patients. They are also minimally invasive, which means they only involve a needle stick or tiny incisions. There is no need to wait any longer to get those varicose veins removed.
Using the latest technology, The Vein Institute uses laser treatment techniques to provide the best outcome for our patients.
Non-surgical laser treatment gives patients the benefit of:
- Walk-in Walk-out treatment
- No down time from work
- Avoid significant scarring
- Avoid hospitalisation or general anaesthetic
Many people ask us what causes varicose veins and as advanced as science is, the exact cause remains unknown. What we do know is that there are some factors that can be associated with the development of varicose veins, and these include:
- Varicose veins often run in families, so there is a genetic factor
- Ageing is another risk factor
- Use of the oral contraceptive pill might also be a factor
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time can contribute to varicose veins’ development
- Multiple pregnancies might also lead to varicose veins
Your first appointment at The Vein Institute Brisbane
You are more than just a medical case to us. It is important for us to get to know all our patients, including their health and aesthetic concerns and goals. Therefore, all new patients come to see the doctors at The Vein Institute Brisbane for a first appointment prior to undergoing treatment. The first appointment includes:
- A painless ultrasound scan of your legs. Ultrasound allows us to visualise the veins deep beneath the surface of the skin, which ensures that all veins that need treatment will get treatment.
- A meeting with the Doctor who will discuss your concerns and objectives with you, review your scan, assess your varicose veins and provide a treatment program for you.
- A meeting with our Patient Liaison Manager to discuss your treatment plan costs and to schedule your next appointments.
For varicose veins treatment in Brisbane, you do require a GP Referral. Simply book your first consultation by calling the clinic or submitting an appointment request. We look forward to meeting you.
Dr Jonathan Robertson
Dr Robertson is an Interventional Radiologist and endovascular specialist. He trained in Radiology at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and undertook further subspecialist training in Interventional Radiology at Singapore General Hospital.
Jonathan is a member of the Interventional Radiology Society of Australasia and the Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Society of Europe and is certified with the European Board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR).
Jonathan has worked as an Interventional Radiologist at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Sunshine Coast University Hospital before starting in private practice as Director of Sunshine Coast Endovascular. Jonathan is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Queensland and is actively involved in registrar training both on the Sunshine Coast and in Brisbane.
Jonathan’s interests include all aspects of Interventional Radiology and Endovascular Surgery, with particular emphasis on treatment of varicose veins and deep vein thrombosis, uterine fibroid embolization, prostate artery embolization, testicular varicocele embolization and liver directed therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma and hepatic metastatic disease.
Request more information
Simply complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your treatment options available from The Vein Institute
Our Treatment Program
STEP / 01
Meet your doctor to discuss your symptoms and concerns followed by an ultrasound scan to identify the best treatment options for your case.
STEP / 02
Your doctor will identify the best treatment plan for you. This will typically include a combination of treatment options over a few appointments.
STEP / 03
At every appointment, your doctor will use the ultrasound to ensure that treatment has been effective.