Varicose veins are a medical condition which is caused by faulty valves in the vein. Healthy veins efficiently pump blood back to the heart; veins with faulty valves result in blood leaking back down towards the ankles causing the veins to become varicose.
The good news for people with varicose veins is that the latest laser treatment techniques are effective and safe and are walk-in walk-out.
At The Vein Institute Canberra we offer a comprehensive treatment program for the removal of varicose veins using laser.
Varicose vein removal – treatment options available from The Vein Institute Canberra
Laser treatment offers patients many benefits, including;
- Highly effective and safe treatment.
- Walk-in Walk-out treatment resulting in no downtime from work or holidays.
- As it is minimally invasive patients only have minimal scarring post the procedure.
- No need for hospitalisation or to undergo a general anaesthetic for treatment.
- No GP referral required.
Treatments available from our Canberra clinic include;
Your first consultation at The Vein Institute Canberra
All new patients are required to come and see the doctors at The Vein Institute Canberra for a first appointment before beginning treatment. The first appointment includes;
- Having an ultrasound scan of your legs taken.
- Meeting with the Doctor who will review your scan, assess your varicose veins and provide a treatment program for you.
- Meeting with our Patient Liaison Manager to discuss your treatment plan costs and to schedule your next appointments
To see one of the doctors at the Vein Institute in Canberra you do not require a GP Referral. Just book your first consultation by calling 1300 535 017 or completing an appointment request.
CANBERRA – BARTON
Barton Street Specialist Centre
Level 2, Suite 9,
3 Sydney Ave, Barton ACT 2600