The Vein Institute offers Melbourne patients safe and effective laser treatment of varicose veins from our premier clinic on Collins Street in the CBD.
Many people ask us what causes varicose veins and as advanced as science is, the exact cause remains unknown. What we do know is that there are some factors which can be associated with the cause of varicose veins, these include;
- Varicose veins often run in families
- Use of oral contraceptive pill may also be a factor
- Standing for long periods of time contributes
- Multiple pregnancies
In addition to the appearance of the varicose veins, many people also suffer from aching and throbbing legs. Varicose veins have also been linked to the more serious health concern – deep vein thrombosis.
Surgery-Free Varicose Vein Removal
The Vein Institute Melbourne uses the latest in non-surgical laser treatment to remove painful varicose veins for our patients.
Laser treatment is 98% effective and offers great outcomes for patients. Including;
- Treatment is walk-in walk-out
- No downtime from work or from holidays
- No significant scarring
- No need for hospitalisation
- No need to undergo a general anaesthetic for treatment
Laser treatments available from our Melbourne vein clinic include;
Your first appointment at The Vein Institute Melbourne
All new patients are required to come and see the doctors at The Vein Institute Melbourne for a first appointment prior to undergoing treatment. The first appointment includes;
- Having an ultrasound scan of your legs taken.
- Meeting with the Doctor who will review your scan, assess your varicose veins and provide a treatment program for you.
- Meeting with our Patient Liaison Manager to discuss your treatment plan costs and to schedule your next appointments
To see one of the doctors at the Vein Institute in Melbourne you do not require a GP Referral. Simply book your first consultation by calling the clinic or submitting an appointment request.
Medical Specialists on Collins, Lvl 4, 250 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000