Treatment at The Vein Institute is very straightforward, the below guide provides an overview of the process, so that you know what to expect at every step.
2. We’ll contact you for a chat
- A team member will call to discuss your vein concerns.
- We will answer any questions and explain the process.
- Book you in for a consultation with one of our vein doctors.
4. Initial Consultation
- Arrive at our clinic where a team member will check you in.
- Meet with one of our vein doctors.
- An ultrasound will be performed. This will determine if you require treatment, and the recommended type of treatment.
- You will be provided with a tailored treatment plan and a breakdown of the treatment cost.
3. Get a referral from your GP
Download a referral form here. The referral form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 02 9199 8391 or you can bring it with you to your appointment.
- Treatments take approximately 60 minutes, are virtually pain free and are performed under local anaesthetic
- While treatment is being performed, you can read a magazine or book. You can also use your phone and request your favourite music to be played.
- Depending on your case you may need more than one treatment.
- Our friendly team will be on hand at all times, if you are nervous, please arrive early, we can answer any of your questions and ensure we help you relax.
- You will be required to wear compression stockings for 5 days. Compression stockings are free of charge and are included as part of your treatment plan.
- You will also be required to walk for 30 minutes per day, for 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 2 weeks
- As a part of your treatment plan, you will also have access to your doctor for any follow up questions.
To be eligible for the Medicare rebate, you will need a GP referral for The Vein Institute. A portion of the consultation and treatment fee is covered by Medicare, however there is still an out-of-pocket cost. Learn more about the treatment costs here.
Payments plans are available, we offer an in-house payment plan for 60 days or longer plans are available through Medipay. This will allow you to begin the procedure immediately, then pay over a period of time that suits you.