About The Vein Institute
What is The Vein Institutes philosophy?
Where are you located?
Sydney CBD – 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Parramatta – George Street Gatehouse, O’Connell St NSW 2150
How can I contact you?
Can I visit offices in other cities?
Are your team all qualified doctors?
Does The Vein Institute offer urgent care?
How is The Vein Institute different?
Is there parking available near your clinics?
Do I have to make an appointment, or can I just walk in?
What treatments are there for varicose veins?
Are the treatments safe?
Does treatment hurt?
Will I need to take time off work?
What is the recovery plan?
- Minimal to no downtime or time away from work.
- You can drive after the procedure, if you haven’t taken any medications to reduce anxiety.
- No long-distance travel greater than 5 hours is recommended.
- We recommend that all patients wear compression stockings or bandages for a minimum of five days after treatment to assist the healing process.
If there is any discomfort following the treatment the doctor may recommend pain reliever medications.
Do I need to follow up after treatment?
Do I need a GP referral?
Do I have to wear compression stockings?
Do I need to prepare for the procedure?
Is it possible to receive treatment on the same day as my consultation?
Can all of my veins be treated in one sitting?
Can I travel throughout treatment?
Can I have a treatment close to a major operation?
Can I take antibiotics during treatment?
Is there anything I need to avoid while having treatment?
- Shaving your legs just prior to treatment
- Really hot shower pre and post treatment
- Laser hair removal for the duration of treatment and for a couple of months post treatment
- Waxing for the duration of treatment and for a couple of months post treatment
- Overseas long haul travel for at least 3 weeks post treatment
- Strenuous exercise for one week
Can I take the contraceptive pill during treatment?
Can I take hormone replacement therapy during treatment?
Can I see a Physiotherapist /Chiropractor/Osteopath for treatment whilst undergoing treatment for my veins?
Do traditional remedies or vitamins work for varicose veins?
Is it best to do it in winter or summer?
Can I go to the gym after treatment?